- Install an X Server on your Windows machine, we recommend VcXsrv.
- If using PuTTY, select 'Enable X11 forwarding' in Connection > SSH > X11. No further options should need to be modified. If using ConEmu, add -X to your ssh connection string while connecting to Klone.
- If it is working correctly, no error regarding XAuth should be received, and running the
xeyescommand on the Klone login node should spawn the eyes on your desktop.
- Install XQuartz as an X Server on your Mac either through a browser or
brew install xquartz.
- Add the following to your SSH Config in
~/.ssh/configon your Mac:Host *XAuthLocation /opt/X11/bin/xauth
- Start XQuartz via the apps page or verify it running on the apps bar, feel free to close the terminal that pops up.
- Connect to klone.hyak.uw.edu ,including the -X flag in your connection string.
- Connect to klone.hyak.uw.edu with the -X flag included in the connection string. Make sure to test with
xeyesto ensure functionality.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy using the world's greatest kernel.