Your UW Net ID has been enabled for access to the Hyak system. You must now subscribe to the service. After you subscribe, it may take up to an hour for your account to be fully provisioned.
- Go to uwnetid.washington.edu
- Click the "Computing Services" link on the left
- Click the "Hyak Server" check box in the "Inactive Services" section
- Click the "Subscribe >" button at the bottom of the page
- Read the notice and click the "Finish" button
UW policy is that all services (of which HYAK is one) require 2 factor authentication (2FA) by default as a security posture.
You need 2FA to log onto any HYAK cluster.
You can use a personal device (e.g., phone, tablet) or a land line as your two-factor token, please go to this 2FA page and ensure you have it enabled and configured. If you wish to use an older style single purpose token, visit this page and ask for a security token.
Sign up for the HYAK mailing list here and stay up to date on system news!
The HYAK mailing list is low volume (average < 1 email per month) and provides critical announcements in the event of a service issue, maintenance, or other updates.